Saturday, July 7, 2012

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

A father was walking to his car, while carrying his baby. When he realised that I wanted his parking, he rushed to the car, berlari-lari anak. And his baby, enjoying that "short jog", laughing and gave a very handsome smile. That smile, took my breath away.

Then, when I was having breakfast, there are two boys, having their breakfast next to my table. I think they're probably 8, 9 years old? They could be brothers, or friends. But the way they were talking to each other, made me realise that you know, how nice it would be to see them growing up, and when they're older they still have those kind of breakfast sessions. That kind of lasting friendship, is sacred.

Half a year has passed. Things aren't getting better, to be honest. Or probably I just can't hide what's obvious anymore. Every single thing is catching up with me. I am now, not just tired of running, but also walking. I don't walk fast anymore. It's getting slower. But I keep on walking.

But you know what keeps me going? Those observations I made - they really made my day. They give me hope. And I'll continue to observe, and take note on how beautiful life is. Then I have my family, I have my friends - just by being with them made me feel stronger. And especially, I have Him to talk to every day.

Another honest confession? I am getting weaker by the day. That, I cannot lie. But I know I won't give up. I'll let life take its course. I believe in Him. And He knows what's best for me.

I have my patience, I have my faith. I won't let them go.

I'll continue living with grace. Or so I hope. Amin.

Maybe this words I said to myself, are all repetitive. Ah, I don't care. I am living in a vicious cycle anyway, so why bother. Saying the same thing to yourself over and over would be a great reminder, yes?

No comments: