Sunday, August 12, 2012

There are few joys in life that equal a good conversation, a good read, a good walk, a good hug, a good smile, or a good friend.

So on Friday at work, I kinda misplaced my parking ticket... 5 minutes after I parked my car.

Freaking 5 minutes. Then I spent another 10 - 15 minutes, looking for it in the parking lot, and in the car itself.

Haha. But that's not the point of my post.

When I went up to my workstation, and continue looking for my ticket in my bag, my dear colleague decided to help me out. Knowing a mess that I am, she gladly helped me, and tried to calm the drama-queen me. So nice of her.

She went through my wallet. My messy wallet.

Well I keep a lot of things in my wallet. Other than receipts that I "forgot" to clear, you can find movie tix, concert tix (sometimes)... even the lomo filters are in my wallet. Hah.

What caught her eye, was actually a playing card.

She was like "why do you keep a Joker card in your wallet?"

Without thinking, as I was busy going through my handbag, I replied "Oh, sentimental value".

Then I paused. The memories started rushing in.

She smiled. And continued searching.

Anyhoo, yeah. That's the reason why I keep all those stuff. Some may call them junks, but to me, they're bits and pieces, which hold a story, or an epic adventure, well basically memories, of me and another person.

I may be forgetful, but I know there are quite a number of things that I hardly forget. Especially those tied up to the stuff I keep, or the songs I listen to, or the places I passed by, or been to, the books I read, the movies, or series that I watched or even the conversations I had.

Memories. They are so easy to make, and for me they're not easy to be forgotten. In a way it is good to keep them close, as they do make you smile from time to time, enlighten the mood when you're down, help to remind you how beautiful life is.

Although I know, it is kind of dangerous to be holding on to them... especially when they make you realize that what is happening isn't as beautiful as it was before. Then you'll feel the pain of "living in the past".

Le sigh. However when I feel that pain? I made them as reminders, to be careful in making memories. Too many memories associated to a person can be very dangerous.

And at the same time, I told myself to never regret anything that I did in the past as they are meant to be my life lessons. So that's what I've been telling myself. These memories? They're gonna be as beautiful as always. I'll smile when I remember them. They'll help me to be strong. They'll help me to keep going on.

So they're still alive in my mind. However I have to be extra careful, as I may end up "living in the past" forever if I hold on to them too much. Which kind of a problem for someone who think too much like me. I tend to let them played in my mind, over and over.

Ah well. That fine line that I have to be careful of.

Anyway.

Amazing how something as simple as a Joker card actually holds so much memories inside yeah? Shows how for me, those little things count. Those little things, are what keeping me happy.

And yeah. I found my ticket at the end. I accidentally put it together with my stack of receipts in my car. Sabar je lah.

No comments: