One fine afternoon, we stopped by the Putra Place in Putrajaya to take away lunch. As we go down on the escalator, we saw a man who drew caricature for the tourists.
Firdaus claimed that he can't have a caricature of himself as he cannot stay still and keep the same smile for 5 minutes (we assume we need to smile for about 5 mins in order for the man to get our right smile). So I told him, its really easy for me. I know that Firdaus always have trouble to smile and keep his eyes open at the same time (his eyes sepet...). As for me, that is nothing. To give the same smile for 5 minutes? Ok je (belagak ok!)
So he challenged me to smile while waiting for our parents to get our lunch.
The challenge began. I kept on smiling the whole waiting-for-the-lunch time. Firdaus watched me from far... while he was choosing his lauk.
Everything went well. Easy.
As usual, waiting kinda bore me. You're at a food court, and you're sitting alone. And you're not eating. What else would you do?
I looked around. Observed the people around. And I keep on smiling.
I viewed txts sent to me at that time, I replied them. And I keep on smiling.
Apparently I was busy txting someone. Can't remember who.
I keep on smiling.
Then suddenly, while I'm busy with my phone, I realized there's someone standing right in front of me. So I look up.
It was a stranger. An old man, and he was wearing the photographer vest.
And he was smiling at me.
I am still smiling at that time. But since he was standing still in front of me for a few seconds, I started to feel a bit scared.
But my smile is still there.
Then he left. He walked away.
But after a few steps, he stopped, and turn around to my direction.
I ignored him tho.
Then he took the escalator. Phew.
I turned around to check on Firdaus. He was laughing at me. Chet.
Then my 5 minutes time is up.
... easy right? But I don't think I would want to smile like that again. Maybe that old man thinks that either I was angau (since I was replying my txts and smiling at the same time) or I am just crazy (...like the Joker).
Anyway I don't think we need to maintain the same smile for quite awhile (or in our assumption, for 5 minutes).
Oh, happy schooling wellington peeps =) My first day sucks, so I decided to share this story with all of you. Instead of my first day of school story. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment