Thursday, December 10, 2009

Today is "Glee Day"



I was introduced by Aqilah to the new series Glee, and thank God Palie's housemate has all the episodes up to the most recent one so I get to keep myself occupied with it. That series is my current obsession now. Two things that I really love about the show: the comedy and the music. The story line and drama part is not bad, and I think it gets better now, although its pretty slow and sometimes do not make sense (is there really a guy who would believe he can still make babies without sex?). Its about losers in their school who joined the Glee Club and their journey towards the Show Choir competition. I like the values that the creators are trying to impose into the show, in a way they're trying to show awareness to care about other people and be proud of who you are although you are different, and even you are different it's possible to follow your heart and chase your dream.

And I love the comedy. One thing I like about comedy show, you can watch it over and over and it gets funnier. The jokes are pretty cold too, especially for the character Sue Sylvester. I think she's like my favorite. Jane Lynch is really really good.


She's the best!



Another character that I find really funny is Finn. He's supposed to be the hot quarterback who also have the passion for performing. He was actually "blackmailed" to get into Glee Club but he ended up loving it. Yes, he's hot, but I think he's too naive and nice to be the normal hot quarterback - he's the one who was led to believe he can make someone pregnant without sex. LOL bengong gile. That's why I like him, because he's different, and the naive-ness makes him even funnier. hehe.

The music, I think that's the strongest part of the show. They have good soundtrack. And I love all the mash-ups. The songs chosen are used as the glee club's rehearsing songs, and sometimes they sing to express how they feel about certain situations. They make the songs sound more "pop" so they're all catchy, and they're all popular songs so we can sing a long.

But since it's the first season, sadly they only make the first 13 episodes only, which the 13th episode will be aired today (since I am in NZ, it's still Wednesday night in US) so I have to wait until someone upload it online. So this show will be on hiatus, and they'll be back in late March/early April.


I can't wait to watch this episode though, but I'm sad at the same time cuz I know there won't be any new Glee episode next week :(. But come to think of it, it's kind of a good thing because I know I am going to be busy soon, so no Glee means less distractions. And I can download less stuff. eheh.

Enough about Glee, for now :)

2 comments:

NAZIRA NASHIR said...

i pun dh habis tgk Glee~
mika downloadkan (tp episode 12 half je sbb hilang d file :P)
oh well, i still dislike Rachael
and totally in love with Mercedes :P

FM said...

whyy whyy whyyy~????

Rachel is annoying but she's niceeee... hahahaha. i Mercedes i x minat sgt... i prefer Rachel's voice... eheheh. but Mercedes nyanyi And I am telling you I am not going tu best gile kott?