Tuesday, April 19, 2011

buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-Bennie and The Jets!

Currently listening to Haley Reinhart's version of Bennie and The Jets 


From wikipedia,
Stereotypeis a popular belief about specific social groups or types of individuals. The concepts of "stereotype" and "prejudice" are often confused with many other different meanings. Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions.


Maybe a lot of you don't do stereotyping, but I have to admit. I do. I don't know if I can deny that. I think its just natural for people to categorize as thats one of the easiest way to recognize, understand and remember someone, or a group of people. 


Often I have prejudice on some groups of people. Okay, this one is somehow a bad habit don't you think?


Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking on how I perceive people. Being the spectator/audience, or sometimes the main lead, or side kick, or the best friend, or the antagonist, the villain, I tend to notice a lot of things, and how I am affected by that. Given the current situation, I think I am bitter, more negative. I don't blame myself or anyone, I think it's just whats been happening. You know how you can absorb the vibes around you and reflect in how you feel? Yes, that kind of thing.


That is the thing, based on my observations, my stereotyping are often accurate. Of course, you can't just simply put labels, you have to be sure of it first. So observe is what you'll do. And, always bear this in mind; every person in this world is unique. So there's always something that can differ one to another. 


Anyway. At first I am thinking of going deeper with this. But I guess I just have to keep it very general. I don't want to make more statements. It will all be negative statements. And harsh too. 


So whats up with this post then, if I am not going to probe in further? I don't know. I am trying to get this out of the system. It is really bothering me. All I am feeling towards many is hatred. I keep on telling myself, there's good out there. There's always good in every person no matter what. World is always the perfect place to live in, to teach us how to fight and become the person we wanna be. Life is unfair because God is fair. There is the after life to balance it out. 


And yet. I am haunted by the same feeling; hatred. There's too much cruelty in this world that I can't comprehend. Maybe I could use some ignorance right now, as sometimes ignorance is bliss. Kan?


But still, its not out of the system! grr


Unless someone can prove me wrong, maybe I'll feel better. 


Show me kindness, and give me hope. Like that kid in Starbucks I came across yesterday. 


p/s: to be continued?

No comments: