Wednesday, September 28, 2011

And I have sense to recognize but I don't know how to let you go.

Currently listening to Sarah McLachlan's Do What You Have to do.


1. Well its easier to lead your own life by having guidelines or rules or principles or setting limits to yourself, yes?
2. But maybe this is just me, but I realised expectations come when you put some limits, or make rules and have principles to follow by.
3. Here's the simplest example. Like when you know you have to be nice to people, and yes, you are nice to people. So because of that you want to be treated nicely too. See? there, expectation.
4. Frankly to say living without expectations is not accurate too. Because I also believe we need a little expectations to drive you. To want to see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
5. So to live with minimal expectations. That's the hard part.
6. All I need now is to have balance.

To have rules & principles to follow by, but not to tie every little detail of life with them
To keep on giving, and not hoping for returns. When you achieve something, you give more. 
To not being too ambitious. Maybe I can start with accepting that 'achieving is already the reward'. 
So what if you get shit from trading your gold? Just get on with it. Turn that shitty feeling into contentment by turning back to Him. Keep on praying.


Well, I keep on telling this to myself. But so far nothing works. So I am trying a different perspective on how I can tell myself not to expect so much. For I am a human who think too much. Le sigh.

No comments: