SUMMER 2009/2010
- About 12 hours of gig hopping = fun!
- MUSE was EPIC. It was 1 1/2 hrs filled with awesomeness! tak puas!
- Midnight Youth was really really good too :)
- Fell in love with Kasabian & The Veils. Other than they have good music, they have pretty good looking front man too. hihi. Thanks Ahmal for the recommendation. hee hee.
- I actually love gig-hopping. Altho my shoes were being an ass... it was worth the pain :D
- Great crowd too. Thanks Ain, Ahmal, Tahn, Sul & Yusuf - seriously, U GUYS R AWESOME! XD
- The sad part? Ladyhawke's show. Not that she sucked. It was the stage - bad sound system and too small for the huge crowd! I think she should be on the main stage...
- Another sad part is.. I missed a few other gigs. But what to do... you can't be in two places at a time right?
- Not going to the boiler room, silent disco and lily world is another sad part. Don't know why I didn't go... *sigh* bengong.
- But all and all, it was great =D
- Parents and Auntie Norena came in early Feb.
- It was from Christchurch - Oamaru - Dunedin - Nugget Point - Invercargill - Milford Sound - Queenstown - Christchurch - Kaikoura - Wellington.
- The scenery is always beautiful. Breath-taking :) Tak penah bosan hehe.
- The best part of the trip = I DID NEVIS BUNGY JUMPING!
- It was my first time to Milford Sound and it was really B-E-A-utiful! although some of the waterfalls were not there... air semakin sikit :(
- Watched the blue penguins came home from the sea at Oamaru. Effing cute. Penguins are officially my fave animal :D
- An eagle hit our car on the road... because of its greediness to pick up something when we're driving towards it... luckily my dad slowed down the car so the hit wasn't so bad and its still alive. phew.
- Discovered that the Kedahan called a rainbow "Ulaq Danu". I was like.. heh? and got really excited after that. I even name a team in Worms Party "ulaq danu" and started asking around to see if they're familiar with the term.
- Oh, I actually started my Adventures with Pudding. Brought him through out the journey; and it found a friend along the way - a penguin. LOL. Maybe I'll blog about this later.
I know it is not really a big deal to many of u, but it is for me. I always wanted to jump off a cliff, but I know that's impossible, so I know a jetty is enough. LOL. But willing to jump off when you're not really a good swimmer is something for me.
Although, something quite bad happened to Aqilah during the jump - she jumped as well and almost drowned. Can't blame her much tho, I kinda encouraged her to join me, and the wave was pretty wild (a ferry just took off) and both of us aren't good swimmers. But that gave me a slap of reality. I felt like passing out after it happened. I thought I may have lost her that afternoon. She survived tho. Alhamdulillah, all was well. Thank youhot stuff school girl. ehehe.
4. Watched a horror movie in the cinema. The first ever horror movie for me. It was Paranormal Activity.
Aqilah & Ain dragged me into this. They even paid for the ticket (as I gave them terms & conditions that obviously can be fulfilled by them easily - who would mind chipping in for like 6 dollars each and to accompany me everywhere for at least a week just to make you watch something you don't want, especially when they're really good friends of yours? not them for sure :P). And in the end, I can't sleep that night. I was really paranoid, I started to imagine stuff. I felt like my hearing was super good that night - I think I can hear almost everything very clearly. The sleepless night was somehow scary, and funny. Because, Aqilah can't sleep too, and we both don't know about it until she turned to me with eyed wide open. That was like 5am in the morning already. The best part? We were next to each other.
LOL.
Other things happened that I think worth mentioning:
Although, something quite bad happened to Aqilah during the jump - she jumped as well and almost drowned. Can't blame her much tho, I kinda encouraged her to join me, and the wave was pretty wild (a ferry just took off) and both of us aren't good swimmers. But that gave me a slap of reality. I felt like passing out after it happened. I thought I may have lost her that afternoon. She survived tho. Alhamdulillah, all was well. Thank you
4. Watched a horror movie in the cinema. The first ever horror movie for me. It was Paranormal Activity.
Aqilah & Ain dragged me into this. They even paid for the ticket (as I gave them terms & conditions that obviously can be fulfilled by them easily - who would mind chipping in for like 6 dollars each and to accompany me everywhere for at least a week just to make you watch something you don't want, especially when they're really good friends of yours? not them for sure :P). And in the end, I can't sleep that night. I was really paranoid, I started to imagine stuff. I felt like my hearing was super good that night - I think I can hear almost everything very clearly. The sleepless night was somehow scary, and funny. Because, Aqilah can't sleep too, and we both don't know about it until she turned to me with eyed wide open. That was like 5am in the morning already. The best part? We were next to each other.
LOL.
Other things happened that I think worth mentioning:
- We cycled along the Oriental Bay with Crocodile bike.
- The mini concerts at the park - there's a Bollywood concert too!
- The countless sushi+people watching lunches.
- The Telecom tree - one of the most beautiful trees I've ever seen.
- The "photoshoots" at the backyard :P
- Silent Disco at home.
- Our Flight of the Conchords marathon.
- Oh, watched Eagle & Shark under the stars - open air cinema. Love that!
- Watched one of the most horror vampire movies of all time - Nosferatu. But its not really scary, cuz its the 1920s/1930s silent movie - like Charlie Chaplin but scary.
- Beaches day out :)
- Snapped some photos that I love so much.
I am kinda proud of myself for being so careless and free (for most of the summer). Thank you to those who were there with me. For being part of my summer. I can never thank you enough (dramatic right?:P)
I think this is by far, the AWESOME-st Summer. I missed it so much, I feel like going there this Summer, just to experience it once again. But will the new summer ever be the same? Maybe it can be better. Ah, I don't care. I will cherish this one I have now til the end of my life :)
I think this is by far, the AWESOME-st Summer. I missed it so much, I feel like going there this Summer, just to experience it once again. But will the new summer ever be the same? Maybe it can be better. Ah, I don't care. I will cherish this one I have now til the end of my life :)



No comments:
Post a Comment