Well, okay. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying that the book was bad. Its really good. It bothers me up to this much, so I must say it is really good.
To be honest? It's one of those crazy sad stuff that I love. Why? Because it felt, real. Who would disagree to this; no matter how much you are trying to convince others on how much a realist you are, deep down, you created your own idealist world. No? Well, at least during your childhood days? or student days even?
The perfect world you would live in.
Mine is just as surreal as most girls' ideal world. Lets leave it at that.
So when these kinds of reading, or movie, or even situation came along and you are the 'observer' or the 'audience', they give you a sort of a bitch slap of reality to your face. To remind you that this is how life should be like. And what you should do, is to be positive, and be accepting about it.
And for me, this book is all about that. It reminds you on no matter how things do not turn out to be the way you wanted, all you have to be is positive, and accepting. All you have to remember is no matter what, you have those memories, of love, of pain, of friendship and kinship, to guide you along, to always give you light in the dark.
Never mind my very own life experiences. Of course they taught me the best. Other than that, usually visual stuff left a deeper scar on my heart. Like the movie The Green Mile, The Reader, (500) Days of Summer, or Jeux d'enfants. Maybe when I get the DVD of this movie, it'll become another one on the list too.
I admit this. Deep down, until now, the hope of maybe my ideal world exists is still there. But I know slowly, I am accepting the reality. That is why I am grateful to be able to experience myself and watch/observe on these stuff. And somehow from time to time, I will find myself re-watching or re-reading (although very unlikely :P) them. Or rewinding my own life experiences.
They are good wake up calls. Well, we all need to be reminded. Don't we?

No comments:
Post a Comment