Browsed thru some old folders, and I found some pics. Zaman first year & college. My, that was 2, 3 years ago. How time flies. Then I came across some pics that made me look short.
Last day of college. A pic with Daniaal & Faiz. Wonder what are they doing right now. I bet Faiz is having fun in Brisbane. Or maybe he goes back home kejap? I don't know where is Daniaal tho :( Kinda miss the college days *sigh* Anyways that wasn't the main topic. Look at how they're trying to show how short I am. hah.
This is during our first trip to the Sakura Festival. I'm in between Atong & Yusuf no wonder I looked so short!
And this is during Malaysian Night. See? Can you see the pattern? The pics I found that made me look so short are all because the people in the picture (other than me) are tall. And I think the camera's position do affect the pic. Optical Illusion je ni...
Oh and I am slouching.. Gotta get rid of this habit.
So I have a look at the recent photos...
...shouldn't have stand next to Pawang *sigh*
Posted this one before. But yeah. This clearly shows I'm short. I am even shorter than my YOUNGEST brother. Dammit. But he's a guy. He should be taller than me right?
hah but the reality is, I am short. In fact, very short.
Ibu makes fun of me. She always said that I should be taller than her, since I'm living in the present time which has food supplies like all the time, unlike her who had to live during war season for a few years and zaman2 dulu food tak sebanyak zaman sekarang kot? I have enough nutrient (well I should have) cuz she feeds me well. Ah blame to the very small appetite during the younger days.
When I was younger, people usually will call me "pendek" or "kecik" or "budak kecik" (at that time, they don't know my family call me 'mek'. haha). Recently, one of my schoolmates sent a comment in my friendster page and he called me "budak kecik".
I hated those names. I don't like people to call me like that. I have a name okay.
So 'pendek' or short has been a very sensitive issue to me. It's the same for fat kids situation. The difference is just that they don't call me fatty-fatty-bon-bon or gemuk but other names associated to the word short. My uniforms are too big altho my mom bought me the smallest size. When I am in school, whenever the tcher gave questions on the board (like math) and ask the students to go to the front to solve & write it, I'd request to her whether I can answer the bottom questions. I do that even when I am in my secondary tau. If let say I can't reach the higher part of the black board and there's many questions on the board need to be answered. Or if not, the class will request it for me. Sometimes they claim they can't see me in a crowd. They'll act as if they have lost me. The part I hated the most is when they occasionally asked me to erase the board. Or maybe ask me to reach something high up. Only God knows how struggling I was jumping up & down to clean the board.
But those were the days. Well even during that time until now, I have come to the point where I am immune to all those teasing. When you're in school, teasing each other is just what we all do kan? At first you can't really take it, but after awhile you'll reach to the point where you'll also do it to others. Sometimes we do get mad but after awhile you'll just take it as a joke. At least they don't play with my parents' name or my grandparents' name so that's fine with me. Plus, its not all bad being short (or I like to use the word small). Like the quote I found in facebook's flair:
Last day of college. A pic with Daniaal & Faiz. Wonder what are they doing right now. I bet Faiz is having fun in Brisbane. Or maybe he goes back home kejap? I don't know where is Daniaal tho :( Kinda miss the college days *sigh* Anyways that wasn't the main topic. Look at how they're trying to show how short I am. hah.
This is during our first trip to the Sakura Festival. I'm in between Atong & Yusuf no wonder I looked so short!Oh and I am slouching.. Gotta get rid of this habit.
So I have a look at the recent photos...
hah but the reality is, I am short. In fact, very short.
Ibu makes fun of me. She always said that I should be taller than her, since I'm living in the present time which has food supplies like all the time, unlike her who had to live during war season for a few years and zaman2 dulu food tak sebanyak zaman sekarang kot? I have enough nutrient (well I should have) cuz she feeds me well. Ah blame to the very small appetite during the younger days.
When I was younger, people usually will call me "pendek" or "kecik" or "budak kecik" (at that time, they don't know my family call me 'mek'. haha). Recently, one of my schoolmates sent a comment in my friendster page and he called me "budak kecik".
I hated those names. I don't like people to call me like that. I have a name okay.
So 'pendek' or short has been a very sensitive issue to me. It's the same for fat kids situation. The difference is just that they don't call me fatty-fatty-bon-bon or gemuk but other names associated to the word short. My uniforms are too big altho my mom bought me the smallest size. When I am in school, whenever the tcher gave questions on the board (like math) and ask the students to go to the front to solve & write it, I'd request to her whether I can answer the bottom questions. I do that even when I am in my secondary tau. If let say I can't reach the higher part of the black board and there's many questions on the board need to be answered. Or if not, the class will request it for me. Sometimes they claim they can't see me in a crowd. They'll act as if they have lost me. The part I hated the most is when they occasionally asked me to erase the board. Or maybe ask me to reach something high up. Only God knows how struggling I was jumping up & down to clean the board.
But those were the days. Well even during that time until now, I have come to the point where I am immune to all those teasing. When you're in school, teasing each other is just what we all do kan? At first you can't really take it, but after awhile you'll reach to the point where you'll also do it to others. Sometimes we do get mad but after awhile you'll just take it as a joke. At least they don't play with my parents' name or my grandparents' name so that's fine with me. Plus, its not all bad being short (or I like to use the word small). Like the quote I found in facebook's flair:
I'm not short I'm just FUN-SIZE :)
I got excited when I saw the quote. So now I won't use the word small. Instead, I'll use fun-size.
Why being 'fun-size' is not all bad:
1. Fun-size is cute :PThere goes some of the reasons. That I can think of for now. Maybe I should find some more and make a long list why is it not all bad to be fun-size.
2. Fun-size gives you the advantage to be at the front. of the class, of a show (cuz we don't block people's view)
3. Fun-size boleh selit2 when you're in a big crowd. But I don't do that often. Tah kenape tah.
4. Fun-size can easily reach places that is quite narrow, rendah etc
5. We don't have to bend down in certain situations.
6. We're unique B). haha but everyone is unique in their own way.
7. We can runaway from someone easily cuz we're small. I mean fun-size. It's easy for us to disappear.
8. People will mistaken us as kids. So we do enjoy some kids' privilages. Like getting free toys on a flight.Or like some of us they can get kid's bus fare. But not me tho :( Well not anymore...
10. We can buy kid's apparel! Like me (well actually ramai je not just me), I can shop at urban angel! They're cool too.
Tu jela cerita hari ni. Actually I have a lot have in mind. I may come up with more posts soon. Prolly updates on what has been happening for the past few days. But for now I just don't have the mood to do any of those. I don't have the mood to do anything. I am slacking. Its nearly 4 am and here I am.
I just need to write something. Well blogging do make me happy. Its a form of escapism. Easier way to ease my mind off. I wanna go out of Wgtn but I don't have the money. I wanna buy a new game but again, no money. I wanna go out and have fun but then again, I have to save up.
Maybe I'll write some more tomorrow. But I may be busy tomorrow. Dah la hari ni pon tido lambat. hmm.
Let's do another form of escapism; tido time.
Goodnight people!
Give me the peace, and joy in your mind...
Muse's Bliss.
p/s: I need a miracle. Or at least, a lucky star. Oh luck, don't runaway from me. Plz.
Maybe I'll write some more tomorrow. But I may be busy tomorrow. Dah la hari ni pon tido lambat. hmm.
Let's do another form of escapism; tido time.
Goodnight people!
Give me the peace, and joy in your mind...
Muse's Bliss.
p/s: I need a miracle. Or at least, a lucky star. Oh luck, don't runaway from me. Plz.
10 comments:
the guy on ur right looks familiar..die ke daniaal tu? ape name penuh die ekk?
the one with the cap ke?
yang pakai cap tu nama die faiz. the chinese looking guy is Daniaal.
im shorter than my youngest brother n shorter than my mom..can i be fun size jugak? hahahahahha =p
hehehehe yey ainee bleh je. join lah kami :) fun-size peeps rock k!
fun size juga sentiase menyebabkan kite cam awet muda kan??? muahaha~~
hahahaha farah i tergelak biler baca post ni....one thing yang i terfikir is ade ke orang lagi pendek dari farah??muahahah ok2 sorryyyy=p
ila: hou yeah that adds to the reasons why fun-size best. tq tq tq ila!!! :D
syarena: lol nana, ramai je! kan budak2 kecik ramaiii *ROFL*
hehe cute post!! fun-size leh bawak mini cooper..haha ok2 doesnt make sense :P
terasa nak makan snickers plk. forgive me but i easily relate fun-size ngan choc bars tu haha.
nonie: hou yeah nonie!! itu sgt betul (but as if orang x 'fun-size' cannot je...) but we'll look so much cuter in there :)
haz: hahaha. now u made me want to eat moro bars! shall i put the blame on u?
Post a Comment