Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And when they clash and come together and start a rising, Just drink the water where you came from, where you came from.

Currently listening to Kings of Leon's Radioactive




You know, I can't recall myself sleeping at night, dreaming about Wellington. Maybe its people, yes. But not the place. I don't know, maybe I forgot that I had dreams about it. Sometimes I ask myself if I completely forgotten about it. Like you know, its not that important anymore, so everything becomes blurry. Once I don't even recall Ilottt cafe's Wedges & Sour Cream - my favorite snack while I'm in uni - until Nonie mentioned it awhile ago.

Then I was like. "Eh, yes. Sedap nya that thing." Then. "Wait, Ilott?".

Okay Ilott was definitely far away from my mind. I have forgotten all about it, when actually, it was one of the most frequent places that I always go in between classes.

Lately it's been raining. And because of that I just can't help myself but to let my mind wander, back to those days where all we care about is how to stay dry. Or probably sometimes (although rarely), enjoying the walks when the roads are really wet, layering ourselves with clothes til we feel so fat, then put on a jacket, and boots to go to class. Then I remembered it was freezing cold, then what I'll do is to look for hot coffee/tea to warm me up. Then we can get excited when we can see our own breaths while talking.

The I remember the Wet Wellington. Sublime. Even in gloomy days I think Wellington is still beautiful.

Made me want to browse for photos. Just to see the place. Then I realized, I don't have a lot of them. I admit, I am not the type who stop and snap back then, as I am too lazy to carry a digicam, and I don't have the iPhone convenience like I have now.

And I took more event photos, with people in it. The place? There's some, but not many.

How sad. Then it strikes me; maybe back then, all I care is the experience. All I cherished, is the memories and the people. But the place? I don't know.

Maybe I took Wellington for granted.

Honestly? There's a slight regret. For now, I still remember the roads. I can still see myself walking around there. I can still feel it. The walks, the air, the hills, the bus rides, the gloomy weather, the festivals and celebrations, the sushi lunches, Scopa's famous hot chocolate, Simply Paris, Real Groovy, Glassons, Crepes, Reading Cinemas, the harbour, the alone time with the city, the lights, the buildings, the art. I can get the same feeling when I remember the times where I was at the Kelburn library and I can see the most of Wellington - the city, the harbor, the sea. Or even, my old room back in Weir House.

Yes, memories worth something more. But pictures? Is what keeping the memories alive.

I guess maybe, I must go back there. And this time? I won't forget the photos.

2 comments:

yuyu said...

i can seriously understand you farah..even if i still haf a couple of months kt sini, i already miss this place..how such a place can make you fall in love..and we fall deep ok..GOD! do come again farah..the streets and the wind and the rain here miss you too..

FM said...

kann.. :( but yuyu, you still hv a few months more! don't waste it :)