So they turned 27 yesterday
I realised lately they love to give me advices on love. Also hints on "ey when are you getting a boyfriend huh?". LOL. I get that a lot, from them, brothers, my friends, my parents' friends, neighbors... Even my grandma was like
"Hang bila nak kawen?"
"Tunggu Atok, boipren pon kami tak daq lagi.."
"Hang jangan lupa cari boipren na?"
"...ok :)"
But one of the things I am thankful for is that, they never push me when it comes to this. Maybe mom is trying out new way of hinting - reverse psychology. Like "I think your sister just decided not to marry anyone. Dia nak jadi andartu kot" or "Firdaus, you're gonna have to take care of her. I don't think she's gonna marry anybody" LOL. Still, no pressure. They kept on reminding me that things like these need time.
Even when I told them that I don't mind match making, or meeting one person and go straight to marriage (mind you! in a joking way okay? :P), my mom will be "NOOO! YOU HAVE TO GET TO KNOW HIM FIRST OKAY?? OKAYY???"
I never really jott down the stuff they told me. Well, I am pretty sure at the back of my mind they're there. Malas nak recall je :P HAHA. One of them is up there. On being friends, really get to know a person before deciding to settle down with the particular person.
Okay la. Here's some
1. Find someone who loves you more than you love him. When you choose someone you love more, the chances are, you'll end up unhappy.
2. Beauty isn't everything. It'll fade over time. Personality is what you need..
3. If he kept on delaying on marrying you, he's more likely to call it off. One thing about men, they're certain when it comes to this.
4. Don't be so rash into settling down. Marriage is a huugee thing. Often those who decide fast didn't last so long.
Okayla I can only think of 4 at the moment. Eh, 5 to include the one above. And these are the simple ones, the ones you hear from everyone everywhere, but somehow you remember it more if it comes from your parents. And plus they said the above over and over again. LOL.
Anyway,
For me, 27 is long. I can't even imagine if I can stand a person for 27 years! LOL okay. Actually it should be this... I can't even imagine if someone can stand me for 27 years! haha. That's more like it.
"What ever happens, good or especially, bad, we'll remind each other of the hardship that we have to go through to be together. We've gone through so much, why should we put em all to waste?"And, something that they didn't say or mention, but I picked up from their stories. I'll remember it too :
Fight for it, if you truly believe he/she is the one for you. Fight for love.Well, being in love is a battlefield, no? You have to fight for the crown to be his/hers, and keep on fighting to make sure no other people or situation can take that away from you.
27 years. And they look like the young people in love. Minus the mushy part though. I'd prefer them not to be too PDA-ish in front of us. duh.
I want that you know. After so long, you can feel the love so strong between them. Like they just started to be in love or something. How they have proven most people that they're wrong. Their love is real. And its truly, love.
I love them both so much, and I pray to God that this will last forever. And hope they stay true to their love til the end. Amin.
Cuz you'll never know what's gonna happen in the future kan. Nauzubillah.
So to you, my dear parents,
Happy 27th Anniversary
No comments:
Post a Comment