Saturday, September 20, 2008

Orange is in my blood.

Warning: Its a long post. But really hope you'll read it. Bear with me k?

Been wanting to have this post since the moment I stepped into the house after WMSO's AGM. But I have an essay to submit before noon on Friday. And I was out the whole day. Maka saya lupakan hasrat itu...

...sementara.

What Nonie and Nana have written in their blogs is exactly how I feel too. Really. I am sorry that I can't help it but to feel this way.

Probably its the positions that you guys are afraid of. But why? I bet as students, all of us have the same priorities. Right? Okay maybe you guys want to concentrate on just that. But you know life is not easy. Reading books, scoring exams are not enough. You still need the experience. I may be wrong here but that is what I concluded from what I have seen.

Yeah maybe, by running away will help. But wait, you'll get back to the same point one day. Maybe you think by that time you are prepared for that. Don't be surprised if you are not. You'll get lost in the maze. Only get to the door once you stopped running away and face the reality. What I believe, if you don't experience, you won't learn. Its like learning audit. I have never met a person at the accounting firm that I visited saying they used what they have learned in class (when they're in uni) when they're working as an auditor. My lecturer always tell us its the experience that will teach you. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I think you have to prove it to me.

For example, the Bersatu Games. At one point of time, even myself feel like leaving it and just have fun with my life. Why bother when you don't really feel belong to that event in the first place? I'm too stressful with it. But then again, should i just stop the whole event just because it made u feel so stressful? or just because there's problems along the way so to stop it from happening, we just gonna let go the responsibility while other Malaysians in NZ were depending on that event? I mean c'mon, we always have problems in life right? so that's normal lah kan. Well, to stay on was the right choice. I know it didn't turn out to be as good, but at least, there are some major constraints that we manage to cover. Too many problems happened along the way, and many of them are the ones that are beyond our control. And we manage to finish the event. Alhamdullillah. Thank you to those who've helped us thru thick and thin. And yes, I learn so much just from that particular event.

Kalau bukak cerita leadership course... nanti tak habis pulak this post so lets just skip on this. But yeah, its another event that taught me a lot of things too.

All these goes back to that same thing: experience. they are worth the effort.

Its okay. People have their own minds. And I want to respect that.

But coming to that event is not just all about you getting a position in the club. Its also about togetherness. In fact, its the most important part pon. Supporting each other. People would understand if you have a solid reason why you reject any nominations. But at least, support the club. For years, it was built for all of us. When I don't see many of you there, especially the committees, I can't help but to feel this club is falling apart. I have this thought for quite awhile already. Again, sorry to have this bad feelings but that is from what I see. Bersatu kita teguh, bercerai kita roboh remember? Let's prove me wrong here okay?

Don't do this to the new committees if its us you're mad at. Partly it is our fault for letting you guys to feel that we don't appreciate you, and that made you feel "why bother supporting this club?". Honestly we don't have any intention in making you feel that way. Probably we haven't thank you enough. But please believe me. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you. Maybe that is not enough for you, and for that we apologize. Our thank yous is the best thing we can give.

The club is a non-profit organization. So that should explains why you can't expect too much. Like rewards and what nots. Do it for the sake of helping people, not for getting paid or something else. Do it for the club. Set your niat right. Another thing, I know sometimes you do mengeluh. We're all the same, we're humans. Its normal to whine. But that shouldn't be the reason why you should stop helping out people. I admit, I do complain, but that is just because I want to let it all off my chest so that I won't get stressed. I am happier to help. Why must stop all the good causes?

Its a pity if you don't feel the same. What a shame.

Actually you do get something. Just that its not solid. The experience. Well maybe you think it won't be the same as working experience but honestly? its all the same. I can guarantee you that.

Maybe it'd be better if those who don't want to commit just show to everyone that they're not willing. But I feel sad cuz you know... its falling apart. Ah, please... prove me that I'm wrong.

hmm... I'd write more if I want, cuz they have been lingering in my mind for so long. I can have a multiple posts just to let out exactly how I feel, but yeah...

Let bygones be bygones. They're all in the past. I would like to apologize, if I ever make u feel unworthy, or if I am being mean to you. Maybe I'll have another thank yous post (lets hope jadi lah, nanti busy la ape la x buat jugak...) so I can address anyone I want to adress. For now I just want to make it general. To everyone, thank you very much. For your commitment, for your support, for your spirit, for everything.

To the new committees, Aio, Apo, Jo, Iqa and Mika, congratulations! Rock the club alrite, so all the best and good luck :D Don't think the positions as burdens. Take it as a challenge. Its not all bad, yeah your workloads is going to be more than your normal workloads but they're all worth the hard work. A good preparation for you future too. Apa2 pon, just think that you're going to make us all happy, and have fun doing it, insyaAllah others will get the same note too. And yeah, if you need help, were more than happy to help you out. k?

All for WMSO and WMSO for all :D

* * * * *

Now that I let this off my chest, I can start merapuing again. wheee...

14 comments:

Zalikha Anas said...

farah i can help u out if u want one,its only rm65.murah gile ;) reply me asap k

Zalikha Anas said...

anyho,the url is lacquerandlace.blogspot.com,ask them for the preview sbb die x post up at the blog yet.i got the preview thru email :)

atleast if i dint get to buy it,someone i know dapat :)

Anonymous said...

"I can't help but to feel this club is falling apart."
yes. i second that. tp kenape time org2 lain jd pres ramai je yg support this club. those days lagi skit org.. now dah ramai org, y ppl xnak pg? oh yes, nak handle ramai org lagi susah? but at least we expect 20% of the club member to come.. tak sampai 20% pun? thats sad. hmmm.. maybe they themselves feel that they are not "belong" to this club?



"To the new committees, Aio, Apo, Jo, Iqa and Mika, congratulations!"
jeeeeeh~ hope next year going to be better..

Zalikha Anas said...

i got early preview since im in the mailing list.so which one do you want it,i can preorder it for u.maybe you can ask anyone in ur family to transfer the money to me.if u nak cpt tau before they actually preview it in the blog,nanti habis.selling fast,hehe.

Anonymous said...

to anonymous di atas. utk soalan anda, ini jawapan saya..

"mungkin kerana pres2 sebelum ini org2 yg datang tu kawan2 mereka sendiri. cume pres this year kurang bernasib baik kerana kawan2 dr batch pres ni tak ramai pun..n sebahagian dr batch pres ni pun dr mule lg x active pun dlm club..so nak buat camne? dan saya rase committee sebelum2 ni pun syok sendiri gak bajet igt juniors sebelum ni sokong diorg. x pk ke diorg byk buat aktiviti pun diorg2 je yg involve. ade nampak juniors?"

itula jawapan saya.

sekian.

FM said...

ika.. nak ur id/add me can? then we can contact senang sikit. thx ekk. :D

FM said...

like i said.. its partly our fault for not making them feel 'belong'. we have tried our best but we can't force them. so nak buat mcm mana rite?

but every year ada je yang rasa mcm tu. tapi tuhla, what ive seen and observed for the past few years, the ones who have been supporting the club were mostly the pres' and the top committees' friends.

another reason, i'd say different people have different set of minds. ada yang terasa tp masih ada rasa nak pick up and make changes. ada yang terasa sikit dh merajuk.

hopefully in the future ppl would gain interest and sense of belonging for wmso next year. for wmso.

sebenarnye every year sama, it all goes in a circle.

FM said...

jap..yang datang haritu was more than 20% kan?

Anonymous said...

erm, i kira aritu 21%,kira lebih r tu,hehe..time ksh comittee lame,slamat maju jaya comittee baru...

Anonymous said...

more than 20% of course yg showed up. yang men cakap tu dah tentulah tak datang tapi bising nak bersuara kan. ni lah orang melayu. kalau dah tak buat satu benda tu, 1001 (in fact banyak lagi) alasan dia bagi. pandai. kepandaian yang salah guna. cakap hi committee ramai budak private tapi diorg tu budak scholar (isi komen di blog noni) so diorg kena study watsoever. comonla. sungguh poyo alasan itu ok.saya sungguh menyampah dengan orang yang tak involve tapi banyak komen. saya involve hampir semua aktiviti termasuk AGM yang lalu. tentulah ada yang tidak puas hati. manusia tak sempurna. tapi janganlah sampai memberikan komen yang meruntuhkn hati dan perasaan. itu bukan komen membina. tu komen membinawe. hahahha. to hi committee yang lepas. bolayan je repekan orang2 yang pandai bersuara sgt tu. Allah tahu apa yang terbaik. remember 'we are always at the mercy of other people'.

Anonymous said...

Salam Sejahtera semua!

Ok!

Agak rare untuk saya disini melibatkan diri dlm blog2 nie..

Tapi I think takat di sini sajalah.

Do not blow things out of proportion yer..

In case ada lagi yg berhajat nak meneruskan comment2 yg tidak konstruktif dan kurang membina. pls don't..

Mari kita bekerja ke arah kesejahteraan bersama di Wellington yea!

Jangan dwell on the past, in fact learn from it. Take this situations and past events (both good and bad) as valuable experience untuk manfaat bersama..

Segala kesulitan or ketegangan yg telah berlalu.. Bg pihak committee WMSO, saya dengan seikhlas2nye memohon maaf la yer.. and segala kejayaan and "achievements" adalah hak milik semua..

Lets work towards the betterment of WMSO (and the orange colour)and in the long term sebagai generasi anak2 Malaysia yang sejahtera! ok!!

Selamat semua!

DaZ

Liz-A-Tou-tou said...

Salam sejahtera semua! (daz pinjam greeting u jap) ;)

Biasalah, tiap thn mesti ada je dugaan yg perlu dihadapi.
Hopefully ahli2 baru (atau lama) yg tlh dpt spot beberapa kekurangan in WMSO pada thn lepas, thn yg lepas lepas, dan yg lepas lepas lepas,..akan mengambilnya sbgai ikhtibar and improve it n make it better ;)

Contohnya, If u feel like "x pk ke diorg byk buat aktiviti pun diorg2 je yg involve. ade nampak juniors?" atau rasa cam ada sindrom 'tak belong', sile la mengorak langkah utk amend this if u believe it is a flaw in the system. =)

Utk commitee 07/08, taniah! I think u've done a great job, honestly. I believe ur experience wit WMSO will contribute a lot to your journey as future leaders in your own respective fields. Insylh.

Utk commitee 08/09..All the best! And Good luck! Insylh u guys can do it ;)

Lastly, adik2..sy harap jgn la ada pertelingkahan sesama kite ;) Kpd yg terasa, atau terkecik ati dgn komen/nasihat/cacian/etc/etc org lain..sila la bersabar, dan terima ngan hati yg terbuka.
Biasala dlm dunia ni, kita buat terbaik camne pun, mesti akan ada org kritik atau kite buat baik camne pun, mesti ada org yg tak suke. Cam akak ni, ada jeee org tak puas ati tanpa sebab ngan akak..siap tulis n ltak gmbr kat blog tu..haha..tp takpe sy maafkan n hold no grudge.

Akhir kata, sy bangga dgn Pokemon Berkaca Mata saya dan rakan2 nya serta ahli2 WMSO baru dan lama.

Hopefully, u all will appreciate your time in Welly as we have for the past 4 yrs ;) So make the best of it k?

ps- Terma 'akak' di atas hanya rekaan semata-mata hahaha..sile panggil sy Liz ye nxt time, tak pyh 'Kak'..terasa tua kang sy adik2 manis oiii ;)

Selamat berpuasa, Maaf Zahir dan Batin ;)

xoxo
Liz

Anonymous said...

"yes. i second that. tp kenape time org2 lain jd pres ramai je yg support this club. those days lagi skit org.. now dah ramai org, y ppl xnak pg? oh yes, nak handle ramai org lagi susah? but at least we expect 20% of the club member to come.. tak sampai 20% pun? thats sad. hmmm.. maybe they themselves feel that they are not "belong" to this club?"


org bongok ni campak komen kat sini jgk rupernye. igtkan kt blog nonie je. x habes2 dgn "not belong to the club" ko.
Dah berbuih mulot aku nak ckp. Bknnye committee x bgtau or bg email kt ko kalo ade ape2 activity.
ko je yg bajet best konon nye x standard dtg event wmso sebab member2 comolot ko xde time tu. or maybe member2 comolot ko pon berperangai sedemikian.

ape ko igt ko tu cantek sgt nak dilayan tahap high majesty so that baru la ko rase "belong to the club"?
Kalo ye pon ko ade issue dgn someone dlm committee, x yah la nak busukkan nama WMSO.

sorry tuan blog. sy x tahan nak bg komen. walaupon anda dah suruh stop this issue.

FM said...

to everyone,

all i can say is, thank you. for all your thoughts, your supports.

haha i sebenarnye nak cakap panjang but I just don't know what to reply... heh.

again, tq ;)