Saturday, January 3, 2009

A new year. A new (mis)adventure.

**WARNING: This post is reallyyy looongg!**

This is my first post for the year 2009 (uuuu....)

I am late. 5 days late. I was planning to blog on the eve of the new year, but apparently this time, I went out with my brothers, the Ellis and Aidzat. We wanted to watch the fireworks this time.

And we chose the nearest to us, the place where we believed will pull off the new year fireworks show.
Putrajaya
Arrived as early as 10, with McD foods on our hands, we picnic-ed at the side of a huge lake in Cyberjaya. According to Adam, this is one of the nicest spots to take fireworks photos in Putrajaya. As they usually launched them at the PICC.

We were too early.

But thats fine with us. Soon after that more people will start filling up the spaces, and we wanted a really good view. We talked and joked around, teasing one another (the usual thing that we do together), and since the boys have their camera ready, we camwhore-d.


That was fun. Really =)

The fun made us unaware of the time, and by the time we realized of it, it was 10 to midnight. So we sat down, took our positions, Adam and Luqman set up their cameras, and we waited.

Til 5 past midnight.

Called Fash as she was on the other side of the lake as soon as we saw some lights sparkling in the sky.

Maybe they're warming up. So we thought.

FN = Fash Nadiah

FM: Fash! Nampak tak tadi sikit?
FN: Haha tau takk, tadi jumpa police die kata mana ada fireworks kat sini!!
FM: But last year ada...
FN: Not this year tho! Giler lawak ok.

We all laughed. We have fooled ourselves. THERE'S NO FIREWORKS IN PUTRAJAYA!

The "small show" we saw was just from a group of people, not the real one.

But I wondered why the police standing by near us. Why didn't they warn all of us?? There were even foreigners waiting!

So yeah the plan to watch fireworks on the New Year eve has failed... again.

We don't want to ruin our already-ruined-halfway night. Since we're in Putrajaya, we decided to camwhore a bit more before going back. Plus, Putrajaya has some beautiful (and they're more beautiful at night) photo spots that we can't miss.

We made our move to Old Town Cyberjaya to meet Aiman and Addin - another two of our neighbours.

Then to our first destination; the bridge. I can't remember the name of the bridge. Haha. Shame on me.

We hung out for awhile. Watched people. There's a bunch of chinese kids dancing around. We felt like joining them, but we can't understand what they're saying; they're like playing a game actually. So we continued with our main intention to go there; photoshoot.

Snap snap snap!


One pose after another, then we stopped thinking its enough for now. We have to get on to another spot. We lingered around the bridge talking and laughing with each other while waiting Adam pack.

He finished packing. and he closed the boot.

Then suddenly Adam was cursing.

We were all like... whats up???

AB: I left the key in the car... *%$#@%

Then we spent the time trying to break into his car. and of course, we FAILED. Adam still attempted many ways trying to get into the car, while Luqman and the rest of us tried to convince him to go home and get the spare keys. Thats the last thing on his mind; our parents are home. He'll surely get something from them if they find out.

He finally surrender. Thank God Aiman was with us, so he drove him back to our house to get the keys.

While the rest of us; Luqman, Elli Farhana, Elli Famira, Aidzat, Addin and I hung out at the sidewalk. Playing stupid games (but fun) like "Bom Ba Chik" and "Botol". Then Farhana realized that she has her old playing cards in her bag, so we started to play Hi Jack!

And that was a very hilarious game!

Again, I thank God for giving us such a great time when we're actually facing some stressful situations. The company were very cool too, so its not so hard to entertain them =) Sama2 giler pon. Again, time went by quickly.

After almost 45 minutes (I think...) Adam arrived with the set of spare keys in his hands. So we all got into the car, and went to the next spot. Snapped more photos. Were chased out by the guards. But I wonder why, there were other people too, and I don't see why they shoo-ed us away. Its not that we're doing something bad.



Ah well.

Then our parents started to call. Shoot. Its already 3 am. So we rushed home.

And the journey ends with smiles all over our faces. That's relieving. I was scared that they didn't have fun (considering what we went through). This was the first time we hung out together, Elli and her siblings, with us.

So that's how I started my year. And that makes me wonder, how 2009 will turn out to be like?

All I can hope for is a happy ending. Amin :)

Thats all for now. I need to start developing my graduation photos, and get the most recent photos from abang. Then maybe I'll open another topic.

For now, I'd like to wish everyone, Happy New Year, Selamat Menyambut Maal Hijrah. May the new year brings you happiness and greatness in life.

3 comments:

azrul said...

can i say sumthin??

damn..im totally jlez dow!!~

hw come la korunk leh njoy wf me stuck at bangi hills~ces2..

Capik! said...

I actually stumbled on this post when I was googling for spots to take firework pics in putrajaya, thun ni pon takde ke??

FM said...

ahaha.... tak sure, but you gotta really check from the papers ke, kalau x jumpa means tak ada. huhu. ask the police ke..

anyway, good luck in looking for the fireworks!! ;)