Thursday, September 10, 2009

Evergreen.

There are times when I just feel like listening to instrumental music, or classical. Like right now, I am putting Debussy's Clair de Lune on repeat.

Its soothing obviously, and helps me into thinking more clearly. No distractions of words, just beautiful music.

But I find classical/instrumental music at first, not as catchy as the ones I usually listen to - all those pop and rock songs, the ones with meaningful lyrics or loud and good music. Somehow it needed something I called "the perfect setting" for me to notice it. Like maybe when you are alone, walking on the streets or on the bus enjoying the surroundings, watching other people and day dreaming at the same time. Or when you are alone in the room doing nothing but just lying down and relax. And when you noticed it, instantly it'll become one of your favorite stuff to listen to. Often, I put Coldplay's Postcards from Far Away on repeat - good stuff. Even better if you listen to Chris Martin playing it live. So much better. The best, in fact. Okay I am bragging. Sorry.

Anyway, that wasn't the main intention of why I am writing this post. I wanted to just update my blog. It's been awhile. I didn't even make a "Merdeka post" for my dear country Malaysia. We celebrated our 52nd Independence Day on August 31st. I actually didn't celebrate it so much. I just twitted it, and post some stuff over Tumblr. Oh now I am so into it. Been Tumblring almost everyday. I made the point to update it everyday. Just some photos, or some good words of wisdom or some good advices I found at other people's Tumblr, quotes that I found inspiring or maybe made me ponder from the movies I watched and music that I feel like sharing with people. It's been fun to see how people are updating themselves over Tumblr. Like short posts is the new long posts. Before this, I'd prefer reading other people blog posts - the long and entertaining ones. Well I still do blog hopping, especially to my friends' blogs. But yeah, pictures and short quotes are more catchy to my eye. Who doesn't like pretty pictures?

Oh I have to go. Will continue blogging later.

2 comments:

yuyu said...

haha..u sgt global in ur choice of music tau farah..bagus la..lagu lame u lyn, lagu baru u ske..bagus2..even i suke music, (sbb ms kt skolah i bdk band-saje nk bgtau u kt cni..haha)i cannot really lyn classicals..but i can listen to instrumental..you know why..?sbb instrumental lbh precise..u listen to only the music..so u bleh dgr every instruments..kalo dgr lagu yg dinyanyikn, we focus more on g lyrics or suara d singer..

and, for d record, i tau psl tumbler dr blog u ni la..i've nvr heard about it b4..and, i dh start suke dh dgn tumbler tu..haha..u la ni farah..bdn je kck..influence besar ok..

p/s: yes..we should lepak sme2 kn sometime..may be when cendol is ready :p

FM said...

i suke bile u ckp badan i kecik, influence besa. buat i rasa nak conquer the world!! muwahaahahah. ok2 tu melampau. i'm kidding ;) thanks :D

woww u main apaa dlu2?? u banyak element surprise ehhh :P hehe betul ckp u, i mean i selalu cam dgr suara singers if bukan instrumental..we kinda neglect the music the comes with the lyrics..