Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Freaking out. again and again.

Just now in the tutorial, the tutor (who is actually our lecturer too) were talking to my group about how 90% of people in the workforce will say they hated the job they're in. Not many people can proudly say they love their job. Really, if there's someone ever made that statement to me (s/he loves her or his job very much), I'll stand up straight, and give that salutation gesture. I am not being sarcastic, I am seriously saluting that person. I'll pretty much adore that person, and admire her/him for loving the job.

My tutor continued his statement by saying we really don't have time to stop and think. Probably take a year off to decide. Well he thinks that's ridiculous, because we have to try one thing to another to be sure of what we actually wanna do. I totally agree with him. And he also said the only time to do all those experiments is during University period. So now the Uni life is coming to an end, I wonder, what conclusions have I made about myself?

Me being me, definitely I don't know the answer. I think I haven't had the time to experiment enough. All I know is, I really want that one year off. Maybe before I did wish for that one year off, but that's because I don't like studying, instead I just wanna enjoy life. Haha. Seriously, I am done chasing time. I think I should be proud of myself, how lucky I am to be where I am now. But then I am stuck in a junction, wondering which path should I take. One, is the path to working life. Another one? is the path that I don't even know where it is heading to. To be honest? I'd choose the road not taken (remember Robert Frost's poem? heh). If only I am freaking rich. I can choose without wasting any time.

But that's obviously not the position I am in. And I as much as I dread for the one year off, I should know myself that this year, is that one year off.

So now I am wishing for another one year off? So greedy.

A question I stumbled upon in Tumblr -
"IF YOU COULD GO BACK 5 YEARS. WHAT WOULD YOU TELL YOUR PAST SELF?"

I have plenty of answers. Most of them are of course, regarding to the stuff I wrote above. Like Cristina in Vicky Cristina Barcelona, she doesn't know what she wants, but she knows what she doesn't want. So do I. As mentioned before, I can relate myself a lot to her. This is one of the reasons why.


Ah, I must stop complaining right? But yeah, I think I am at the point where I let myself be static. Stay put. No more running. No more avoiding. Just ignoring. I just don't wanna think anymore. All I know is, I just wanna be out of this whole mess I made all by myself. But its obvious that by staying put won't do any good.

Haz reminded me to carefully choose what I wanna do. Anything that we think we can enjoy. To get into something you're at ease with, the place, the people...or at least somewhere you know you'll learn liking.

Something more realistic that I should listen. Should is not strong enough. Okay I use the word 'must'. I must listen to her. Given my situation, I think I shouldn't waste anymore time of dreading where I should go. Maybe it is the road taken, and probably less exciting, but I know its up to me to make my journey exciting or not. Its me who will decide on whether which road is more exciting, and which road will make all the difference.

Suddenly I sounded so optimistic.

I'll keep that in mind Haz. And yes, now I mentioned you, I should call you now. Its almost my bed-time. I don't wanna sleep late. Plus my assignment is not ready yet. As usual, diverting is my favorite past-time. I should be finishing off my essay. Ah well.

Oh there's one article in Cleo Malaysia September 2009 issue (thank you miss Aqilah for bringing me back a copy - I miss reading it) about how to stop complaining. Maybe I'll share the article when I finish reading the magazine. I still couldn't find the time for it. I am currently reading Dorian Gray. Like finally! Something I have been wanting to read since high school. But again, me being me, I don't really fancy reading so I didn't make it a point to look for the book.

Okay that's all for now.

No comments: