Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wooww Bulan!

Hey oh, listen what I say, oh
I got your hey oh, listen what I say, oh

RHCP's Snow (Hey Oh!)

Palie and I went out at around 9:30p.m. Straight to the Civic Square and while we're on the way, I can see many kiwis were sitting at the side of Willis Street. All heads up to the sky. Suddenly I felt the excitement. Just by looking at them. Cuz at first I tot of just waiting for it in my room.

As we arrived, I saw there are a few of them with tripods and cameras. All were sitting and looking up at the sky. The sky is clear! no clouds. yeay. So both of us chose a spot, and lie down while waiting for vivy and others to come.

For the first 15 minutes, we manage to watch the moon slowly covered by the earth's shadow, and it changes color. God, it is absolutely positively beautiful. Sejuk, but heck I don't care anymore. I love lying down on the green and watch the sky. Plus tengok the moon turned red- something you can only watch like once in 10 years! so bonus la kan? anyway yes, this is one of the things that I want to do. At least once. hmm...have to do this again... dats what I told myself. heehee.

As the whole moon started to turn red... suddenly, sang awan2 yang gemok belaka came. And they covered the moon. *sigh* so Palie and I went up to the bridge. And vivy, Suf and Afiqah arrived and joined us. The night has become somewhat very cloudy. Well, I forgot that Wellington is windy, so cepat la awan2 tu sampai kan. Well, we kinda blamed the group of people down the bridge, whom we believed were having some kind of ritual (prolly celebrating lunar eclipse... but ended up calling the clouds instead... haha... okay I don't know what they're doing exactly... it was just my assumption. The percussion is good... but minus the sax) . We were sooo happy (never in my life to be extra happy when..) when there are holes in between the clouds. haha. Crazy, I know, but we're in a desperate situation to see the moon. Well, watching the moon was the main reason why we're hanging out in a middle of a very cold night right?

Oh, then we bumped into Abang Rudy and Iza, and they joined us. and later Sheila came.

So all of us waited, until 10:30 pm cuz that was the peak time. I think its the time when the moon was fully covered and became red-dest. Alhamdulillah, the clouds were starting to hilang, and we manage to see the full-red-moon. The moon was the prettiest thing that night. Altho it looked a bit spooky, but still, I've never seen the moon this beautiful. haha. Rare stuff.

But sayang, my camera is not good at all for night shots. So I couldn't get a photo pon. SobSob.

We went back to continue with our agenda; watching Hot Fuzz which is super syiok! heh

Staying out in cold windy night made my whole body aching from cold rash and the hands were freezing and numb - I can't really feel em.

But the experience of watching the moon turned red is.... priceless. I mean, hey, whens the next time to see it again? According to the news that I read, the next one we can see will be during the end of February next year providing that I'll still be in Malaysia that time. But I might not be there. huhu.

So, puas hati giler ok! :)

End of a report. By FM. now its time to Sahur.

No comments: