Saturday, March 22, 2008

Childhood.

I once heard a story about my mother's childhood friend and her name is Nonie.
Well I laughed when Atok mentioned her name.

So I told Wonie (differentiating the characters...) about the story. That Nonie came from a poor family. That my mom helped her to earn money by playing guli (acing the marbles). Ibu is the strategist and Nonie is the sharp shooter. A lot of other things my mom did to her.

I was like *aww* when I heard the stories.

Wonie also told me some stories about her dad. How his friends helped him out and all.

And suddenly she was wondering, what stories will all of us tell our children in the future.

hmm.. what should I tell my children?

A story about two childhood friends were fighting using a stick and a piece of steel (oh we do get a bit extreme when we're mad at each other); or
A story about two childhood friends played kejar-kejar with fishes (live ones) on our hands, and in the end the fishes died; or
A story about an emo girl who had an argument with her neighbor (the mother) and made her parents super embarrassed; or
A story about two childhood friends influenced a boy to play barbie and polly pockets together; or
A story about two childhood friends whom one helped another to sneak out just because the maid locked her in the room; or
A story about two childhood friends played dress-up using their mothers' clothes?

And there are more others.

Can I share all these with the children? Ha-ha this is not for kids alrite.
I better start thinking and list down the good ones.

Oh yah, I miss her so much. The childhood friend.

No comments: