Friday, June 12, 2009

Adding up a challenge for myself.

She paid a visit, and just left a couple of days ago to Auckland. Sunday is going to be her last day here. The reason why she's here? Backpacking, for a month, Alone.

How cool is that?

One of the things that I really want to do before I die is to travel alone. I mean not just boarding on a plane alone to meet other people you know when you arrived. I wanna go visit a place or several places, and stayed there for couple of days, or maybe a week, or weeks, or months (okay that is ambitious) and I don't care where exactly that I want to go, it can be just a small beautiful island in my home country, or somewhere so far away. But actually it's fun to go to the one which is far away, it's even better if you go to the place which you don't even know the language.

Okay I love to imagine myself going to a place where I don't even understand what they're talking about and actually found someone who's a very nice cute guy nice enough to show me around, and in the end we become lovers good friends. Like (everyone guessed it) in the movies.

Well, to be in a place like that, is a very good challenge actually. But yeah, that is pretty ambitious too. Ah, I don't care. Anywhere will do. I just want to do it alone.

But that's the question that I have to ask myself; do I have the guts to do it?

I realized, I was never really alone. Okay coming here years ago was one of the biggest step I've made and done; moving from my own home to live at a totally unfamiliar place full of strangers. But then it didn't take long, not even a day for me to find new friends to be with. Alhamdulillah, I thank God for the peeps of my own batch. Yeah that's the thing. The stuffs I do alone so far was just you know, going to classes, studying at the library in between classes, walking back home or to uni, settling stuffs, and the longest time I spent time with myself alone is to travel back to my home country, or to come back here after the holidays.

And yeah, I still have that 'uneasy feeling' of talking to strangers that I see/met randomly, like at the cafes or in the public transports. I will bring a book, or a magazine with me if I were to eat alone. So I can be the perfect shy-untalkative-girl if you strangers saw me alone. Like I don't favour social interactions. Like I am a loner.

Sometimes I wonder how my mom does it. You know, just simply talk to strangers sometimes. She's wayy too friendly than I am. I can be a really awkward kind of person, you know, the one that can give you a big dew drop at the back of the head (like the japanese animes, I don't know how to describe that thing) or maybe left you with a big harmonious crickets sounds as the background music. Basically, I am a slow starter. There are times where I can give you a fast start, but only if I feel comfortable with the surroundings.

So what if I am just alone in a big busy city with just strangers, no familiar faces around me? I bet that's going to be rough. Probably I'll just end up talking to birds, or the stray cats that I saw while walking.

Probably I'll just stay on one particular spot, the one that I feel most comfortable. That will most likely be the motel room or just the bed right? Haha. Exploring will just be out of my to-do list.

Okay I think that's too much. If I wanna do this, I just have to prepare myself. Be brave. Positive. And just have fun. I have to gather all my guts and just do it. But when will that be? I don't know. Let's see. I need to have money, so because of that I have to work. Obviously not in the near future lah.

Kak Shaz inspires me to do what she'd done. I mean, I always want to do it, and when she's here, it just encouraging me more. She's so brave, and until now, I feel so proud of her. To be able to do that alone.

To Kak Shaz (with hope you're reading this), I really hope you enjoyed your stay here. I mean, there were not many places that I showed you around, and I hope I was being a good host. I felt guilty for just leaving you at home/alone not doing anything much. And really hope you'll come again before I go back to Malaysia for good. And during my holidays ke. So I can really take you to see other further places, and travel with you together. It's been fun having you around, and I thank you for visiting me. It feels so nice having a family member to be close/near to me when I am thousands miles away from my number one home.

And I am soo glad that you really love this:

I know you'll miss this, and I don't mind drinking it for you everyday. Its so freaking awesome even I can't get enough of it. And it's been years. Haha.

Selamat pulang ke Tanahair =)

Okay I think I have written a long post. And I am quite pleased with myself for this. I just want to have this vibe of blogging to share my everyday lives in this blog. Once I went through the posts I had, I realized lately I have become a broken record, I keep on repeating stuffs.

Hopefully this one is not something that I have repeated tho =P

Speaking of traveling, I can't wait for my exams to end (altho I don't study that much, will get back on to the books later...) so I can plan my holidays! Should I go somewhere cold, but has a fantastic view and has the highest bungy place ever (Queenstown) or somewhere a lot warmer to see Juju in Brisbane?

hmm... but I have to find ka-ching! first... so sad.

p/s: I wonder why but I never get bored of The Click Five's Empty. It is on repeat now. Okay I need to study.

8 comments:

AddamBlack said...

found someone who's a very nice cute guy nice enough to show me around, and in the end we become lovers? <----what is this??? heheheheee

FM said...

hei ada strike through ok :P

u nihhh... isk isk isk.

Zalikha Anas said...

farah what is that yummayyy thing??

FM said...

its one of the best hot choc ever! italian hot choc x silap i, but not too pekat mcm the ones in france/italy...

Seri said...

eh..is that shaz? shes my senior masa dkt uitm perak dulu :) ehehe

FM said...

hehe yeahh! she's my cuzzen. haritu she came by for a visit. traveled new zealand for a month.

she's so brave. aha

FM said...

oh, what a small world eh seri?

Seri said...

tue la..tak sangka. what a small world~.