Currently listening to James Morrison's You Make it Real
I think Chow Kit Road is where I can see another part of KL. Usually I was sent to the main roads such as Jalan Ampang, Raja Chulan, Tun Perak, etc but this time around I get to go to Chow Kit Road.
So today I had lunch alone at KFC. Since I had to go on my own I opt for a place that I feel much safer - well fast food chain is a place with closed doors, and quiet (somehow KFC at Chow Kit area is quiet).
And while having lunch, there's a bunch of indians dudes sitting next to me. And when they're done and left, I realised there's a hobo who approached the table and he looked around, to see what he can eat. He managed to get a bread - the untouched and hasn't been eaten by one of the Indians. He's also holding a cup of drink; which I assumed either bought with what he has, or just simply what he found on another table.
I observed, then I quickly looked away, not wanting to attract his attention.
Anyway I would like to thank the Indian guy, maybe it was his intention to leave the bread, or even if it's not, he has fed someone in need of food. I also would like to thank the KFC workers who do not shoo them away as they actually don't go around begging (well at least I don't see that during my visits to the place) so they're not gangguan.
There's a slight of regret as I don't do much but to only observe the situation, but by the time that happened my plate is empty (well I'm hungry) and I'm scared that I'll attract him to come to the shop often expecting someone would give him food then he'll become a pest - if I were to buy him something.
However I know there's something I could have done and at the same time keeping my identity anonymous. I just didn't try hard enough. Hurm.
A reminder for me to do better next time, and to be grateful. At least I can feed myself, even with a RM 2.50 meal - that you can get at a gerai along Chow Kit Road.
Alhamdulillah.

No comments:
Post a Comment