That's HuanHuan with Pudding.
Oh I just found out the bear's name is Pudding. Been thinking hard in giving it a name. Apparently they already gave him one. Found it on one of the tags. I was like "hah..." so much of calling it Lil B.
Anyway, I am not a fan of sports. In fact, I suck at it.
Viva la vida's video clip is on TV. I love Coldplay, they rock. me love the clip. me love the song. ah perfect.
Okay back to what I want to talk about.
On the beautiful (and to some people... special ;D *ehem ehem*) date for the year 2008, The Olympic was officially launched last night. Did you guys watched it? Nonie and I were in awe. The whole thing was magnificent. I just love the 'Tarian Padang' they have. How do they control thousands of people walking & forming some pattern and at the same time with grace and all move about the same pace & time? The 'neon electric color' formed by the screen on the floor with the 'tarian padang' people were super nice. The globe (its sphere & hanging in the middle of the stadium)with people dancing on it is another thing that I really like on that night. Well, I bet they spent billions on it. And also spent probably months (or maybe years?) practicing.
But I think it was all worth it. The opening was totally different, and beautiful. Magnificent. I wouldn't mind paying for the entrance ticket just to experience em live.
Well I went to bed after watching the parade. I got bored. So I don't know what happened after that =P.
Okay on every big sports events like this, other than watching the games, I usually will try and collect a souvenier. Like in Commonwealth '98, I bought the keychain with my name engraved on it (I lost it during the whole house-keys-fell-under-the-lift-tragedy. Yeah I just realized that thing is also hanging with the keys :(...). My parents bought me the Rugby World Cup 2003 pin, and also Sydney 2000's mascot keychain. And this year, Ali bought me HuanHuan. Well I kinda requested him to bring me that cute thing back from Beijing(TQ ALI!:D).
So lets talk a bit about HuanHuan:
From the official website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games,
Isn't he cute? The reason why I chose him its because he's red.In the intimate circle of Fuwa, Huanhuan is the big brother. He is a child of fire, symbolizing the Olympic Flame and the passion of sport -- and passion is the blessing he bestows. Huanhuan stands in the center of Fuwa as the core embodiment of the Olympic spirit. And while he inspires all with the passion to run faster, jump higher and be stronger, he is also open and inviting. Wherever the light of Huanhuan shines, the inviting warmth of Beijing 2008 -- and the wishful blessings of the Chinese people -- can be felt. The fiery designs of his head ornament are drawn from the famed Dunhuang murals -- with just a touch of China's traditional lucky designs. Huanhuan is outgoing and enthusiastic. He excels at all the ball games and represents the red Olympic ring.
Click here to get to know other 4 mascots such as:
BeiBei, JingJing, YingYing & Nini
They're all CUTEEE!
Okay, people are so looking forward to watch the sports while I talked about the mascots.
I am tagging this post with Beijing 2008. Let's see if I'll write about something related to it in the future.


No comments:
Post a Comment