We got ready quite late. Later than the time we planned to leave. The day before was long. Thats why we were tired.
At about 10am, we drove up to Turoa. There were 2 ski resorts at Mt Ruapehu, one is Whakapapa & the other is the one we went to. Its the newer one I heard. I don't know which one is better though. Cuz that was my first time.
We decided to go snowboarding than skiing. My reason? Snowboarding looks more stylish and cooler. That was Vivy & my reason. Vivy I wish you were there too =(. Oh I soo want another time up there. To ski. And maybe another round of snowboarding too. Heh.
Anyway, we were supposed to take a lesson before we go on our own. But apparently there has been a miscommunication, which took Nana almost an hour to actually solved it with the customer service & the equipment people as there were no instructors for us at our scheduled lesson. Weird, but yeah that happened. Almost an hour were wasted on registering, and getting our equipments & wearing 'em. Another one hour to settle the 'small problem'.
We chose to go up to the intermediate range. Well, we're looking for some little adventure of course. So we think the beginner range is not that adventurous. And none of us have tried this before. Belagak kan? Aqilah & Haz decided not to join us so they went sledging, enjoying the snow and building up little Mat Kool.
Mat Kool Mat Kool Kawanku,
Mari kita ikut, Mat Kool!
Main main, selalu!
Syoknya syoknya ada Mat Kool!
tenet tenet tenet (the music)
p/s: do you guys remember Mat Kool the ice cream mascot song?
As for the six of us; Nana, Imran, Fazuin, Fifi, Naqib & I, we took the chairlift to the lower mountains. It took us awhile to get the gear stuck on our feet, and to move it back and forth while sliding on a flat ground. Haha.
The first time were torturous, because we kept on falling. Don't know what happened but there's one time I accidentally got my knee twisted. I think that is the most painful. Other than that the falls were not so bad. We fell hard but its not too painful as it was covered with snow. We don't know how to control ourselves. Or to stop the boards from sliding too fast. Or to rise again after we fell. Terasa badan ni berat. haha.
There was a little drama when Fifi accidentally go off the track and he fell down to the little gaung. Suddenly Nana heard someone shouting "tolong, tolong!". We both went to the side of the track to check out who's down there and we saw Fifi. He was alright, except that he injured himself (but minor only) and he couldn't climbed back up as it was quite steep. Nana & I suggested a few things for him to do and we manage to help him. Thank God. But since he was injured (dangerous for him to take the risk), he decided not to continue with the route so he went down together with Fazuin to helped him out using the chairlift.
Down to just four of us.
We look cool don't we? =P
It took us an hour (or more :p) to actually arrived at the bottom of the mountains. Towards the end we finally got our momentum in controlling the boards. The weather at that point of time were alright although it was a bit cloudy. It rained before that. Snow fall down right after the rain and that made us more excited.
We rested for awhile. And we tried sledging. Haha that was fun! Suddenly I feel like I'm Calvin. If only I have a tiger plush toy then I can have Hobbes to come with me. But to climb back up the hill was tiring. Haha. The boots were really heavy. And I am tired from snowboarding. Thats why.
Snapped a few photos:
That's Haz & I. Looking away pose?
Naqib & I. I don't look so short! yeayy
Yours truly with her board. Love the color. But the board was upside down. haha.
Was waiting for Nana & Imran to get a photo with them. But then they wanted to go up for the second time. Since I don't feel the puas-ness, I followed them again. It started to hail. But that doesn't stop us to go up.
The second time. Well I can control the board on where to go. But still cannot control the speed. I let myself fall just to stop the board from moving forward. The weather tortured us this time. It was painful when you fell down. Maybe its because of the thick snow. Thick and compact. The hail was like 'slapping' our faces. We should have covered ourselves, but yeah we're not prepared for that weather. Towards the end there was a big gigantic machine was following us at the back. That big thing was doing some maintenance routine (ratakan snow), well its nearly 4pm and that place was going to close. Maybe that is why that machine was doing its work at that time. I was afraid cuz I feel like it was chasing me. So I slide down faster. Haha. I leave everyone else just because I was afraid. Although I knew that big machine won't do anything to us, still, I was afraid. Drama giler kan?
I was soaking wet. Everyone else too.
We went down and had dinner. Then we left Ohakune. Drove back to Palmy and stopped at a cool coffee shop to have desserts. After that we paid the Palmy peeps a visit. Played SingStar & Buzz. Hah Buzz was fun! Love that game although I lost badly. haha. I don't care.
We arrived home at about 2 am in the morning. Super exhausted! But Alhamdulillah, we arrived safely. And nothing bad happened during our trip :)
The end of day 2.
How I wished the pics were nicer. And how I wished I have more pics. The weather stopped us from snapping more. I have a few shots in mind, but then again, the weather. Oh I didn't get to do my own snowman =(
But thats fine, cuz we did play snowball fights along the way. And now I can ticked off "snowboarding" from my to-do list before I die. haha okay I actually don't have that list for real, but snowboarding has always been something that I really want to do. Now I need to do Sky Diving & Bungee Jumping. Give me money & time. I'll definitely do them!
So yeah thats my 2-day journal for you, Nonie. And I share it with you readers as well.
To the peeps who joined, thank you for the greatest time I had :D I don't mind doing it again! And maybe next time we can invite others (Nonie & Vivian especially) to join us too.
And to you readers, hopefully you enjoy reading. They were a bit long, but a lot happened in just 2 long days, and I feel like sharing 'em with you.
In a way, the posts can help me to keep the memories I had of this trip. So that I won't forget how wonderful it was.
Bo Geygey!

3 comments:
hahah..thanks fawa.. tak puas i bace.. journal ni the best lah! (just becos it was for me la kan..hahaha) glad u guys had fun... apart all the fun with snowboarding n snowman, i paling jeles part gossip2.. hahaha:P
Dearest Fara aka my fav Jr..hehehe snowboarding is wayyyyyyy cooler than skiing la...serious!!!kalau skiing mcm ada mission nak pegi bulan k. Ahahaha
tak puas kee? meh dduk ngan i sehari i cite smpai u puas :))
goss2 byk2 pon boleh :D
Post a Comment