INCEPTION. The main reason why I love this movie is because of the storyline that revolves around one of my favorite topics - dreams.
One thing that I learn/started to believe from watching Inception is that, dreams are what YOU created from what you think about, or from your subconscious mind. They have NOTHING to do with signs or whatsoever.
It is one of the bitch slaps of reality that I got. Because before this, for every dream, a vivid one especially, I just can't help but to question myself "why?"
It felt as if there must be a message, or a reminder, or a sign behind every dream. So that kind of disturb me for the whole day. Or maybe more. Well, being someone who loves to think too much.
There is a lot of things about dreaming that I learn from watching Inception. Honestly I don't know if they are actually factual, or just total made up just for the movie. Or maybe it could be some kind of a person's interpretation about a dream. But to me they make sense.
But I have to re-watch the movie to list down what about dreams that I learned. Heh. I haven't got the chance to watch it for the second time. Anyway,
So today, after quite a long time, I had one of those vivid dreams.
One thing about dreaming is that, there are the kinds of dreams that you love or you hate.
The ones I love are the kind of dreams that can make me smile, even if its just for awhile. Sometimes for me, to have dreams at night meaning your imagination still runs wild. And that's what I want - to still have imagination.
I enjoy having the the ones which do not make sense. Like for instance, the adventure type where I have to kill of zombies, or the one that I am friends with the Big Bang Theory nerds, and the sober Raj Koothrappali actually talked to me or maybe the fairy-tale type like me being the side kick to a prince to help a damsel in distress princess. I should have documented them down so probably if I am going to be dead broke one day I could be like JK Rowling, I can start writing. Then I can do something like Stephenie Meyer - where her Twilight Saga was inspired from her own dream. I was too late, because when I started putting them down in words since early last year then, somehow I just stopped dreaming.
The ones I hate? Are the ones about my tragic deaths or events, or the ones which I thought were real, but then I suddenly woke up and realize... the reality was nothing like the dream. Left me feeling so disturbed. Like today.
Maybe the impact on me is even bigger as I haven't had these kinds of dreams for some time.
And what disappoint me is that, I thought I believe differently now. But somehow when I woke up? It was as if I was made to believe that everything was really happening. Until I realize that, it is not. It won't. When I know it won't, I started questioning myself why? what is up with the dream?
Maybe because I want it so much to happen, so I want to believe there's an underlying sign behind it.
Well, right now I conclude yes there are signs behind the dream - to remember not to wish for something I cannot have or to wish for an impossible thing to happen, to be grateful and to be reminded that DREAMS ARE OF YOUR OWN CREATION.

No comments:
Post a Comment