Monday, September 1, 2008

August 31st...

Marked Malaysia's 51st Year of Independence.
Marked our Malaysian Night: A Royal Tribute.
Marked the day NZ announced Ramadhan starts tomorrow.

Its not the same back then, back in school days, as the teachers made us sing the patriotic songs every week, encouraged us to decorate the class which in the end it'll look like an exhibition and organized Merdeka-related activities for the whole month of August. And back home, you'll see Merdeka-related adverts, TV shows and etc. They'll be parade. And fireworks.

But I don't see all that when I'm here in Wellington.

I miss all that :( hmm..

apa2pon, I am proud to be a Malaysian! Altho I admit sometimes I became a little bit paranoid and scared when I read about what has been happening in back home. Maybe its just me. haha. And I pray to God that Malaysia will retain its Independence til the end of time. Amin :)

Sempena Merdeka saya bertekad ingin menghabiskan "The Malay Dillemma" yang tak habis2 dibaca. haha. Pemalas nak buat macam mana kan? =P

Like everyone else, I'd like to thank the Malaysian Night 2008 committee for the simple yet amazing night! & congratulations to all of you, for your hard work, your effort, for everything. They're all worth it right? I am sure everyone had fun, plus the food is super nice! Intercontinental haven't let us down so far. To me this year has been different than the last Malaysian Night, as these people used a different approach to entertain us all. Love the award-segments (the clips from Haziq is simple yet saya suka!), the lucky-pop/draw (altho I'm a bit sad because I didn't win the grand prize. Well, I am not a lucky person anyway :P), and I still enjoy watching the performances! altho they have performed it before. And The Achantek is funny :)

Kudos to everyone else too, for the effort you guys had in dressing up & for joining us all for the night. Tq Tq :D

Oh and thanks to everyone who have voted for me. Btw who chose the picture? Sangat mesra alam. Actually I was hoping to get highest vote for "the eligible bachelorette", can? just kidding. he he. I miss Tinkerbell tho. Wonder where she is. I can't remember the cat I saw yesterday was either Tinkerbell or Pumpkin. But she didn't make noise when I saw her. Probably that's Pumpkin, the quiet one.

I am still gathering pictures from everyone else. How I wished my camera works nicely at night. So peeps! if you can see a hobbit wearing maroon baju kurung in ur pictures, don't be scared but let me know alright? Maybe I'll post up a few photos from Haz & Nonie in the next entry.

That's all for now. I think I should sleep early tonite cuz tomorrow is the first day of Ramadhan. To all my muslim friends, I wish you Selamat Berpuasa & Mohon Maaf Zahir & Batin, if I terkasar bahasa ke, if I do anything wrong to you.

Let's hope we all can 'menahan diri'. From eating too much, from talking too much, from making more sins. Lets make peace with everyone. and I hope this month will bring us all closer to Allah S.W.T. Amin :)

The first day of Puasa and I'm not healthy. Dugaan...

3 comments:

iynas said...

haha..klaka bler ingat balik u amek2 gambar then pesan kat sume org yg ade kamera utk antar kat u..hahaha..

selamat berpuasa..minta maaf atas segala salah dan silap..saye pon kurang sehat juge..dugaan2..

MoHd HaZiQ said...

thanks :)

FM said...

iynas: lol now i realized.. x malu nyee i! isk isk isk. but yeah nk wat camne dh x bwak camera. lol!

selamat berpuasa & same here, minta maaf zahir & batin :)

haziq: sama2. haha.