Friday, September 14, 2007

Food!

Was supposed to update this like... a week ago? haha. I don't have the mood to blab, in fact I abandoned my blog, my friendster and myspace (by not replying the comments...) altho I sign in every day to see updates. Spent the days slacking, watching the hottest tv series in Malaysia, trying to solve Sudoku which I only finished a puzzle and did my assignments. Oh, and I gambled; in Facebook's my(fluff)race. LOL!

Let me update with last Saturday's events. Ed House had international pot luck. and theres cooking competition as well. So Palie and Nonie teamed up, with Palie cooked his specialty Assam Pedas Salmon and Nonie made everyone's favorite Murtabak Maggi.

Well, around 7-10 dishes compete, and Alhamdulillah, Palie's dish was the BEST DISH for the night. I am soo happy! And Abg Rudy and Shaza's 'fantasy island' roti jala was the runner-up.

Palie and Nonie won 3 movie tix. So they gave me one :D. I did help out. And we're planning to watch a movie later dat night, and thank god we've got free tix! heehee. Used the tix to watch Ratatouille; one SUPERB movie.

Last Saturday was my "all about food" day. Cuz I had Nasi Lemak + Tau Fu Fa Market for lunch, and the pot luck dinner, yam cha with Ali, Vivi, Haz, Palie and Nonie before we all went for the movie and end the day by watching a movie that makes my mouth all watery and somehow makes me think of trying culinary arts. haha. angan angan je tu.

Anyway, heres some pictures:
This is Abg Rudy's & Shaza's Roti Jala. The ones in green, yellow and pink tu telur goreng ye. Roti Jala was the island's base. And they even carved the capsicum to be daun pokok kelapa. huhu Creative kan? oh, they won whitcoulls voucher which Abg Rudy was planning to buy his so-called "the book of love". haha.


This is Nonie's Murtabak Maggi. Simple presentation but still looks inviting. One of my fave dish for the night.
This is our 'Best Dish' for the night; Palie's Assam Pedas Salmon or he translated it as "Salmon Tangy". His dish is soo nice, even some of them who doesn't like Salmon ate and loved it! And look at his presentation; someone commented it was like 'The Five Star Hotel' dish. haha. Palie and his passion in culinary.

Food! Nampak sedap x?? hahahahha.

And tomorrow is Saturday again. a week has passed.

No comments: