Saturday, August 9, 2008

Reviews.

Warning: This post contains spoilers. Harap maklum :P

I saw the poster, and I saw the characters. They were the main reason why I wanted to watch it. So I downloaded it, and spend my Friday morning watching it.

Usually drama genre can make me sleepy. Especially when I am so tired. After I submitted my bullet point summary at 8pm, I wanted to take a nap while waiting for my class at 12:40pm. But then I remembered that I haven't watched the movie that I just downloaded a few days ago.

And surprisingly, the movie wasn't bad. It was good :)

I thought it was all about RFK. Like I said, the characters were the attraction. Not the reviews nor the synopsis so I didn't even care to check em out before watching it. It was about the assasination of RFK. And it was concentrated on the people who were there. Also those who got shot. Interesting day for all of them.

There's one who got fired because he was racist, one who cheated on his wife (with the phone switchboard operater), who on the other hand was so proud & so in love with him. There were two good friends were catching up, playing chess, a couple got married on the same night just to save the groom from being sent out to Vietnam. The Ambassador's kitchen staff have to work double shift spent the day discussing about race & baseball game. The day a depressed campaign donor's wife who needs a pair of black shoes for her black dress. There were two campaign staffs who went to see a hippie (the drug dealer) to get high (they were all funny. I like Ashton :p). And another two were so devoted to the campaign. Also there's a singer who's in her downfall with her musician husband who gave up on her.

A lot happened in a day. And it ended with RFK won the election. And got assasinated on the same night. With another 5 victims were wounded too.

Tragical. And his death affects everyone who were there. But not just them, in fact the whole America.

Of course, the death of a hero.

It gives an impact even to myself. I feel the tension. I feel the hatred towards the killer. I feel the sadness.

So that's one. Then at night, Vivy & I watched Step Up together.

Believe it or not, it was my first time watching it. When everybody have watched it last year. Or was it 2 years ago? =P

Well the movie was fun. The storyline? As expected. A boy & a girl, who were both from two different backgrounds, got together at the art school. The boy who went there for community service helped her with her dance routine because her partner sprained his ankles. Ended up he became her partner, and they fell in love, and they nailed the performance. The conflicts in between were all cliche. But I love the dance moves. I really wish I can dance like them. Sleek & Hot. And the art school looks so fun!

I like the character Miles in that movie. He's so cool. And I totally love his music.

Now I can watch Step Up 2. Well there are both two totally different stories right? But I heard the moves in the second movie are a lot hotter & nicer.

2 totally different genres in just a day.

And I just watched Star Wars II : Attack of the Clones. Like... finally! But I didn't really concentrate on the story. I always love the action scenes in Star Wars. They were all fun. And Yoda always makes me go "wow".

And you gotta love her outfits. Especially this one. My favourite.

Enough of the reviews.
There's one thing I discovered while watching Step Up. I love to turn on the subtitles while watching dvds. They are meant for deaf people. So other than the subtitles, they also have description of almost everything that happen in the movie. What type of music that they play, what situation they're in, and sometimes they even explain that they can't comprehend what conversation that the people have.

It helps the deaf people. But sometimes, they can be funny too. Especially to those who have perfectly fine hearing. At least they're funny to me. And Vivy you laughed right?

For example, the plot was about the main characters having a fight. Leading to some sad occasion. You'll feel the sadness too. Then a sad song were played.

And the subtitle for the part where the sad song were played is: (sad music played).

I was like... "what?". Then we both started to laugh.

Or when the people applauded. Then the subtitle goes : (applause).

It feels like you're in a show where there are a few broadcasting staff holding out the sign "applaud" as a signal for the audience to clap their hands at the right time.

They're so funny! no?

Okay I know... I am never good in telling jokes. *sigh*

I still haven't found Jeux d'enfants. I can buy it online, but I am still considering. Should I?

Other movies that I feel like watching now:
  1. The Wicker Park (when was the last time? 1st year?)
  2. Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind (It was long time ago. Long enough til I can't really remember the plot)
  3. Tristan & Isolde (never watched it before)
  4. The Dark Knight (tak puas lagiii)
  5. Paprika (haven't watch this...)

2 comments:

waz said...

farah, just wana let u know, if u hvnt that is,u can watch paprika thru youtube.the whole movie'sthere.enjoy.

FM said...

have u watched it? tq for the info ;D