Sunday, September 30, 2007

Eventful week.

And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
u2's Sometimes you can't make it on your own--Thanks to Mika cuz he introduced this song to me :)

A lot has been going on around WGTN.
1. WoW.
2. Botanical Garden Spring Festival.
3. Intenscity Week.
4. Iftar sana sini.
5. Elections; VUWSA, WGTN Mayor (kan??...masalah x baca paper. ttau sangatt) and even WMSO.
6. Probably some other events that I don't know. haha.
I just got back from the Botanical Garden. Myself, Haz & Yusuf wanted to see the 'Pet-a-Pet' event. Sadly, they changed the date to next week. I guess its the weather which is not suitable for them to continue with the event today; Welly is raining again.

We ended up taking pictures with weird sculptures + beautiful flowers around the garden. hee.

Oh, and we're soo going up again next week. Anyone cares to join? jom-lah!

haha. Theres another event that is interesting; its the Intenscity Week - Celebrating Wellington's Urban Spaces. One of the activities held is they listed 9 Urban Spaces around WGTN and want us to vote which one you think its ur fave. Heres the list:
1. Parliamentary Forecourt
2. Lambton Quay
3. Woodward Street
4. Midland Park
5. Civic Square
6. Cuba Street
7. Taranaki Street Wharf
8. Waitangi Park
9. Oriental Bay
Click here for more info about the places.

From the list, there are a few places that I'd love to spend my time at. But based on my two-year stay in Wellington, the spaces that I went quite often will be the Taranaki Street Wharf, Cuba Street & Midland Park.

Taranaki Street Wharf was my fave spot back when I was in my first year. I used to spend my time there; I walked along the wharf, played the swings or just sat on the bench. Sometimes I brought some company and sometimes I was there alone. Well I guess I don't do that anymore cuz I no longer working at TSB Bank Arena. haha. And I am waay to busy to do that this year!

This year, the urban space that I went the most would be Cuba Street. That is definitely because of the coffee shops! And lately we've been trying to find more places to lepak by discovering some 'undiscovered' coffee shops. Plus my house is nearer to this street and that makes me pass through this street many times.

Midland Park is another space that I usually went to. This is definitely because of the SUSHI. The Nonie & Farah's Tuesday-Sushi-Lunch date usually takes place at the park.

Hm but both are not my fave.

hmm...

So yeah, Taranaki Street Wharf it is. haha.

There are another activity held by them where the Wellingtonians were given the chance to show their skills by drawing "Wgtn" on a black piece of paper with a white chalk. I wanted to just draw myself on one of the papers (mencapub gile:P... macam boleh je) but the thing is, I missed the whole event cuz I went to WoW roadshow for the second time. Well, actually I was just accompanying Mika, Daz & Ellin and I think that the performance at Midland park was better. Probably cuz we went for just the last 30 mins - so we kinda missed out on the funniest part from Tracey & Stacey. And Mr Fungus didn't imitate the passer by.

Hmm...anyway, this event definitely made me appreciate Wellington more. Years back when I was still living in Malaysia, I always told myself that I am going to do lots of lepak2ing at the parks, relaxing & enjoying the view and the sun while having ice cream or smoothie or etc. And yeah, there are places like the frank kitts park, waitangi park, oriental bay, etc that I can go and do what I always wanted to do, but being someone who can't really bear the cold, the horrible weather Welly usually have always stop me from doing. If only Wellington is on the equator. Then I can picture myself having lots of fun outdoor, in the sun.

berangan saje. suke betul. haha.

*Sigh* I suddenly MISS Malaysia. and I MISS the times spent at those parks at Putrajaya, having the greatest time with my family & the crazies, picnic & playing frisbee & boggle. haha.

...

1 comment:

ila_kirana said...

farah.. kite senasib.. haha.. td pon kite br ja tulis psl betape teroknya arini.. lalala~~